The Conference was organized in support of COP26 and is scheduled for 14th October 2021 at Coventry University. The event is organized by C4FFand Coventry University in support of the EU funded PoliUniBus Project with backing of SIG Particulate Matter led by Coventry University and Chester University as well as Midland Engineering Institutions viz., IMechE, IET and IMarEST and on behalf of the Midland Air Quality Group.
Main Conference Objectives
To Mitigate poor air quality due to climate change and bring all the key stakeholders in the region, and from wider afield together, to discuss how to manage the impact of poor air quality on local residents
Representatives of citizen communities, academia, industry, councils, policy makers, environmental groups, air quality specialists and subject experts worldwide.
- To gain a wider understanding of the effects of poor air quality
- To understand what we currently measure and consider its adequacy
- To communicate the above understanding to the widest possible audience
- To share the evidence based on the health and social impacts of poor air quality
- To share good practice
- To understand the likely impacts of poor air quality on Cities with a view to be aware that air quality does not differentiate administrative boundaries
- To consider possible ways to mitigate against poor air quality
- To agree next steps towards cleaner local air